By God's Design

He threads his arm around me gently drawing my heart closer to his. I feel his breath on my ear like the whisper of a love song. This is the covenant, the beautiful promise. It's the love that warms a cold heart - the skin to skin closeness with nothing between.
I am his and he is mine. We said the vows nearly 10 years ago not knowing of the storms that come to test the words, to shake all that stands against love.
I take you to be my lawful wedded husband, for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part, and this is my solemn vow. 
It was my vow then and it is my vow now. I feel the weight of those words deeper, more penetrating than ever before and the marriage is more beautiful, more overwhelming, more real, and closer than my skin.
It's the wild, radical love where desire blossoms on the tree of faithfulness and the fragrance of passion wafts across the soil of commitment. There is no greater joining, no deeper covenant. It asks for all and it is all consuming, holding nothing back. So the two become one, each a part of the great symphony of love, and it is beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts