Sunrise

Could the sky be more beautiful? It blazes red, a band across the horizon. It's the hope of a new day, of fresh mercies. Even before I see the glowing orb, the sky declares its existence. The canopy, radiant, announces the arrival of day. It comes to drive out the darkness effortlessly, to give light to the firmament below, to bring life to all beneath it. The invisible wind rustles through the trees and I see a world alive out there. Energy is pouring forth with generous abandon, without counting the cost. The sun shines on the evil and the good (Matt. 5:45). It plays no favorites, its benevolent fire gives heat and light to all.
This is His testimony, He shows us His kindness through the rains, through the sun, through the crops that grow. (Acts 14:17). If I ever doubted that He loves me the sun speaks to reminds me. It declares faithfulness, unconditional love, and generosity. The sun is a picture of what He longs to do in all of our lives, to effortlessly drive out the darkness and bring hope, healing and joy. Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. (Ps 34:8).
The burning eye in the sky peaks over the horizon and I know without a doubt that He is here. It's a new day, a new beginning. The sliver grows into a ball so bright it hurts my eyes, lighting up my world, casting out every darkness and those shadows that I hold onto, the shadows of fear and doubt, they would become nothing before the light of His glory if I only knew how to trust Him enough to let His light in. He is faithful.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Comments

Popular Posts