Big Red Barn

I am always looking for creative new ideas of things to do with my son. I will be sharing lots of these on this blog, so here is the first one.
The idea is based around the book "Big Red Barn" by Margaret Wise Brown
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Barn-Board-Book-rpkg/dp/0694006246
I found a copy of this at my local library.
It is such a great book to read with a preschooler. We make the animal noises while we read. The part that was really fun was to get a big cardboard box, take it outside and paint it red. I then cut little windows and a door in it and it became our own big red barn! Luke takes his animals in there, feeds them hay and puts them to "bed".
We extended the fun by visiting a local farm and seeing the animals for real, and we also borrowed lots of books from the library about farming. It has been a fun learning experience for the summer!

Comments

Popular Posts